ST GEORGE ART SOCIETY exhibits members’ artworks at a variety of venues and at various times during the year.
Our predominant exhibition and prestigious awards show is held on the first weekend of November annually at the Kogarah School of Arts. Details of this show are presented in October.
ANNUAL ART AWARDS & EXHIBITION
The majority of the Society’s Awards have traditionally been named after the early and founding members who had significant influence on the direction of St George Art Society.
- Wal Chandler Award for oil and acrylic painting
- Walter Bennett Award for mediums other than oil and watercolour
- John Upton Award for transparent watercolour
- Walter Dowman Award for miniature
- Nancy Wilkinson Award for contemporary and abstract painting
- Myrle King Award for still-life painting
- Muriel Harding Award for portraiture and figurative
- Award for Excellence for best in show artwork
Our Annual Art Show is traditionally held on the first weekend in November. See our Calendar for the dates. The awards are judged by an invited professional practicing artist.
The official Opening Night is Friday with $10 admittance fee in support of our nominated charity, the fund-raising Lamrock Committee of the St George Public Hospital, who serve light refreshments. The Show continues Saturday and Sunday, opening for free admission 10am until 4pm on both days.
Traditionally, one of the St George Art Society members donates a framed painting which is raffled by the Lamrock Committee, the winner drawn on Sunday afternoon before closure of the Show.
Visitors may vote for the People’s Choice artwork and this winner is also drawn on Sunday.
Eligibility to enter artworks in this awards exhibition, artists must be a current financial member of the St George Art Society by September 30th of that year.
All details and forms may be found in Forms when entries are invited.